Current AIBA Executive Committee Held its Final Meeting11 November 2014
The current AIBA Executive Committee held its Extraordinary Session – attended last by the AIBA VicePresident and EUBC President Mr. Franco Falcinelli – before the Congress to be held on November 13 – 14 to make the decisions to be presented for further ratification by the AIBA Congress.
“This Extraordinary Executive Committee is the final session for existing Executive Committee Members as we will hold the Congress and the election for new EC members for next four years in a few days. We focused on amending our Statues to support all current initiatives of, particularly, the success of AIBA Pro Boxing,” said AIBA President Dr Ching-Kuo Wu.
He also added, “I would be sad to see some members might have to depart the Executive Committee position after the Congress, however, we will all remember their love for our sport and contribution to our organization’s future.”
The Executive Committee approved all proposed amendments of AIBA Statutes to support the realization of recent years’ fast-paced developments and additionally approved the following issues:
- Decision to have the position of “Cutmen” in all AIBA Competitions including WSB and APB as one of AIBA Technical Officials
- Finalize AIBA and each Confederation Event Calendar for 2015
- AIBA additional funds for supporting further administrative excellence of all Confederations
- Approve the new APB logo and its branding
- Approve of the Congress Election Voting Process