Europe’s new competition the Akos Toth Memorial Tournament is ready to its start20 February 2020
The 64th edition of the Bocskai Memorial Tournament was held in Debrecen, Hungary in the beginning of February and the country will be hosting also the 70th Bornemissza Youth & Junior Memorial Tournament next month. Between the two competitions, there is a new event in the European boxing map, the Akos Toth Memorial Tournament.
The competition was named after a former Hungarian boxer Akos Toth who passed away in a car accident at the age of 24 in 2009. The Akos Toth Memorial Tournament will be held in the Krisztian Berki Sports Hall in the city of Koka which is a small village and located in Pest county near to the capital of Hungary.
Croatia, Hungary, Slovenia, Sri Lanka and Sweden registered to the new edition of the Akos Toth Memorial Tournament. The Technical Delegate of the Akos Toth Memorial Tournament will be Serbia’s experienced official Mr. Dragoljub Radovic. The Akos Toth Memorial Tournament will be covered also by Live streaming during the competition days.
Facts of the event
- Name: Akos Toth Memorial Tournament
- Date: February 21-22, 2020
- Venue: Koka, Hungary
- Gender: Women & Men
- Weight categories: Selected weight classes in all age groups
- Age Group: Elite; Youth; Junior; Schoolboys
Schedule of the event
- February 20 – Arrival of the delegations
- February 21, 17:00 – Semi-finals
- February 22, 15:00 – Bronze medal matches
- February 22, 17:00 – Finals
- February 23 – Departure of the delegations