Star nations in the line-ups of the upcoming 21st Umakhanov Memorial Tournament28 July 2019
The 21stedition of the Umakhanov Memorial Tournament will be starting with its first competition day from July 29 in the city of Kaspiysk off the coast of the Caspian Sea. The top boxing nations including Russia, China, Uzbekistan, India, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Mongolia, Italy and Belarus all will be attending in the Umakhanov Memorial Tournament.
The Russian Boxing Federation will be hosting the AIBA World Men’s Elite Boxing Championships in September and the AIBA Women’s Elite Boxing Championships in October therefore the Umakhanov Memorial Tournament will be more than a simple international tournament this year.
The national teams will be using the Umakhanov Memorial Tournament as test for these upcoming big events and three out of the five Confederations send boxers to the women and men elite competition to Kaspiysk. The top teams will be fighting for the medals in five women and ten male weight classes in the Ali Aliev Sport Palace.
Facts of the event
- Name: Umakhanov Memorial Tournament
- Date: July 28 – August 4
- Venue: Kaspiysk, Russia
- Gender: Women & Men
- Age Group: Elite
- Weight categories:
- 51kg, 57kg, 60kg, 69kg and 75kg for the women boxers
- 49kg, 52kg, 56kg, 60kg, 64kg, 69kg, 75kg, 81kg, 91kg and +91kg for the men boxers
Schedule of the event
- July 28 – Arrival of the delegations
- July 28 – Technical Meeting
- July 29 – General weigh-in
- July 29 – Official Draw
- July 29 – Opening Ceremony & Day1 preliminaries
- July 30 – Day2 preliminaries
- July 31 – Day3 preliminaries
- August 1 – Day4 preliminaries
- August 2 – Day5 competition with the semi-finals
- August 3 – Day6 competition with the finals
- August 4 – Departure of the delegations
Participating countries in the Umakhanov Memorial Tournament
The following 20 nations will be taking part in the Umakhanov Memorial Tournament: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, China, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, India, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Mongolia, Poland, host Russia, Sweden, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.