Ten nations from three Confederations have been registered for the 1st Alexis Vastine Memorial Tournament27 October 2020
Ten nations from three different Confederations have registered to attend in the upcoming 1st edition of the Alexis Vastine Memorial Tournament which will be the highlight of the European events this week.
England, Sweden, Netherlands, Poland, Finland, Italy, Spain, India, United States of America and host France have been registered to the upcoming event. Altogether 28 women and 45 men boxers have been registered in the 13 Olympic weight classes and the quality will be impressive in the Alexis Vastine Memorial Tournament.
Alexis Vastine achieved great successes for Team France between 2004 and 2012 including bronze at the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games and silver at the Moscow 2010 European Boxing Championships. He died in the Villa Castelli helicopter collision during the filming of a French TV reality show in 2015.
The French Boxing Association decided to launch an event in his great memory to remember his impressive results and his nice personality. The Alexis first edition of the Alexis Vastine Memorial Tournament will be held in the city of Nantes on October 27-31. Nantes is a city on the Loire River in the Upper Brittany region of Western France with long history.
The 1st Alexis Vastine Memorial Tournament is scheduled for the 5 Olympic women and 8 men weight classes in Nantes. The number of the participating countries is limited to 13 in the three-day long elite international competitions. Mrs. Valérie Hostingue, Mrs. Mariannick Codet and Mr. Emmanuel Bouvet are the responsible officials to host the competition and arrange the preparations of the Alexis Vastine Memorial Tournament.
Facts of the event
- Name: Alexis Vastine Memorial Tournament
- Date: October 27-31, 2020
- Venue: Nantes, France
- Gender: Women & Men
- Age Group: Elite
- DOB: 1980-2001 born boxers
Weight categories of the Alexis Vastine Memorial Tournament:
- 51kg, 57kg, 60kg, 69kg, and 75kg for the women boxers
- 52kg, 57kg, 63kg, 69kg, 75kg, 81kg, 91kg and +91kg for the men boxers
Schedule of the event
- October 27 – Arrival of the delegations
- October 27, 21:00 – Technical Meeting
- October 28, 07:00-09:00 – General weigh-in
- October 28, 10:30 – Official Draw
- October 28, from 14:00 – Day1 competition
- October 29, from 14:30 – Day2 Semi-finals
- October 30, from 18:00 – Day3 Finals
- October 31 – Departure of the delegations