The 18th Mustafa Hajrulahovic Memorial Tournament will be held in Sarajevo on September 18-2118 July 2020
The 18th edition of the Mustafa Hajrulahovic Talijan Memorial Tournament will be held in Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina on its original date on September 18-21 in 2020. The Boxing Association of Bosnia & Herzegovina welcomes all of the elite male boxers in the event in Sarajevo where all of the participants will be accommodated in the beautiful Hotel Holiday.
The safety of all participants, the continuous medical checks, the social distancing, the hygienic preparations, wearing masks and all of the controls are the responsibility of the local organizers in Sarajevo to avoid any Covid-19 cases in the event.
Division General Mustafa Hajrulahovic Talijan was Bosnia & Herzegovina’s commander and hero in the end of the last century and a new boxing tournament was named after him which shows his excellent popularity in Sarajevo. Bosnia & Herzegovina hosted the Euro Cup on February this year but their association had to cancel the Mostar International Youth Tournament from May. Their second international competition in 2020 could be the Mustafa Hajrulahovic Talijan Memorial Tournament.
The tournament will be held at the Dom Mladih Skenderija Sports Centre which is the traditional venue of the event. Bosnia & Herzegovina’s Alen Rahimic and Kosovo’s Shpetim Bajoku proved the best performances in the finals of the Mustafa Hajrulahovic Talijan Memorial Tournament in 2019 and both boxers are preparing to defend their thrones.
Facts of the event
- Name: Mustafa Hajrulahovic Talijan Memorial Tournament
- Date: September 18-21, 2020
- Venue: Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Gender: Men
- Age Group: Elite
- Weight categories: 49kg, 52kg, 56kg, 60kg, 64kg, 69kg, 75kg, 81kg, 91kg and +91kg for the men boxers
Schedule of the event
- September 18 – Arrival of the delegations
- September 18, 21:00 – Technical Meeting
- September 19, 12:00-13:00 – General weigh-in
- September 19, 13:00 – Official Draw
- September 19, 18:00 – Opening Ceremony
- September 19, from 18:00 – Semi-finals
- September 20, from 11:00 – Finals
- September 20 & 21 – Departure of the delegations
Contact of the LOC of the event
Mr. Enes Pestek
Email of the LOC:
[email protected] [email protected]