The 65th edition of the Bocskai Memorial Tournament will be held in Debrecen on February 7-1312 January 2021
The 65th edition of the traditional Bocskai Memorial Tournament will be one of the highlights of the month of February. The competition will be a preparation event before the previously suspended European Olympic Boxing Qualifying Event which to be continued on April 22. All of the participants must have a negative Covid-19 test result made within 72 hours before arrival.
The first competition day will be on February 8 in Debrecen, Hungary while the finals are scheduled to be held on February 12. The 65th edition of the prestigious Bocskai Memorial Tournament will be held for the women’s and men’s elite boxers in the city of Debrecen which is located in the Eastern region of Hungary.
The traditional event was launched in 1956 which makes it one of the oldest European elite boxing tournaments. Olympic Champions, AIBA World Champions and European Champions competed in the Bocskai Memorial Tournament in the previous decades including such stars as Hungary’s Istvan Kovacs, China’s Zou Shiming, Italy’s Roberto Cammarelle, Cuba’s Julio Cesar La Cruz and England’s Luke Campbell.
The Best Boxer of the last 64th edition of the Bocskai Memorial Tournament was awarded by Belarus’ European Games winner Dzmitry Asanau. The following nations took part in the 64th Bocskai Memorial Tournament on February 2020: Austria, Belarus, Botswana, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Moldova, Norway, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and Wales.
The safety of all participants, the continuous medical checks, the social distancing, the hygienic preparations, wearing masks and all of the health controls are the responsibility of the local organizers in Debrecen to avoid any new Covid-19 cases during the Bocskai Memorial Tournament.
Facts of the event
- Name: Bocskai Memorial Tournament
- Date: February 7-13, 2021
- Venue: Debrecen, Hungary
- Gender: Women & Men
- Age Group: Elite
- Date of Birth: 1980-2002 born boxers
Weight categories of the event:
- 51kg, 57kg, 60kg, 69kg and 75kg for the elite women boxers
- 52kg, 57kg, 63kg, 69kg, 75kg, 81kg, 91kg and +91kg for the elite men boxers
Schedule of the event
- February 7 – Arrival of the delegations
- February 7, 21:00 – Technical Meeting
- February 8, 07:00 – 09:00 – General weigh-in
- February 8, 11:00 – Official Draw
- February 8, 15:00 – Day1 competition
- February 8, 17:00 – Opening Ceremony
- February 9, 14:00 – Day2 competition
- February 10, 14:00 – Day3 competition
- February 11, 14:00 – Day4 competition with the semi-finals
- February 12, 16:00 – Day5 competition with the finals
- February 13 – Departure of the delegations
Contact of the LOC of the event
- Hungarian Boxing Association
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: +36 1 4606879