The Technical Meeting of the 38th Gee Bee Tournament was held in Helsinki07 March 2019
The Technical Meeting of the 38th edition of the Gee Bee Tournament was held in the Hotel Scandic Kallio which is one of the official accommodations of the delegations in Helsinki. The Gee Bee Tournament is a strong preparation event for the upcoming Minsk 2019 European Games and for the Bangkok 2019 ASBC Asian Confederation Boxing Championships.
The President of the Finnish Boxing Federation Mr. Henrik Tavio opened the Technical Meeting on behalf of the Local Organizing Committee which is responsible for the accommodations, hotels and all local issues. Next to Mr. Henrik Tavio, Mr. John Waith of Wales led the Technical Meeting of the Gee Bee Tournament as Technical Delegate in Helsinki.
Mr. Henrik Tavio and Mr. John Waith informed all delegations about the schedule of the Gee Bee Tournament, the competition venue, the control scales, the coaches’ requirements, the official draw, the scoring system, the new rules, the equipments, and other important issues of the event as well.
The Gee Bee Tournament will be stronger than in the previous years following many of the top nations including Russia, France, England, United States of America, Thailand, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and India registered to attend in Helsinki. Altogether 99 boxers from 15 strong nations registered to attend in the prestigious competition in Finland.
Facts of the event
Name: Gee Bee Tournament
Date: March 6-10, 2019
Venue: Helsinki, Finland
Gender: Women & Men
Age Group: Elite
60kg and 69kg for women boxers
49kg, 52kg, 56kg, 60kg, 64kg, 69kg, 75kg, 81kg, 91kg, and +91kg for men boxers
Schedule of the Gee Bee Tournament
- March 7, 07:30 – 09:00 – Medical Examination & General weigh-in for men boxers at Hotel Scandic Kallio
- March 7, 11:00 – Official Draw at Hotel Scandic Kallio
- March 7, from 18:00 – Short Opening Ceremony & Day1 competition
- March 8, 07:30 – 08:30 – Medical Examination & General weigh-in for men boxers at Hotel Scandic Kallio
- March 8, 08:30 – 09:00 – Medical Examination & General weigh-in for women boxers at Hotel Scandic Kallio
- March 8 – Day2 competition in two sessions (13:00 & 18:00)
- March 9 – Day3 competition in two sessions (13:00 & 18:00)
- March 10, 13:00 – Day4 competition with the finals and medal celebrations
Participating countries in the event
The following 15 nations will be taking part in the event: Australia, Canada, England, Finland, France, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Thailand, and United States of America
Participating Confederations: Asia (ASBC), America (AMBC), Europe (EUBC), Oceania (OCBC)