162 participants in APB/WSB Certification Course – Assisi 12-18 September11 September 2014
The Italian National Boxing Training Center, set in Santa Maria degli Angeli Assisi PG, are going to host the APB/WSB Certification Course for Coaches, Referees & Judges (R&Js), Supervisors, ITOs. The workshop will last until the upcoming 18th of september.
The opening ceremony will be attended by the Mayor of Assisi, Claudio Ricci, the EUBC President and AIBA VicePresident, Franco Falcinelli, and the Italian Boxing Federation President, Alberto Brasca.
- R&J: 72 participants (September 11 – 18)
- Coaches: 68 participants (September 11 – 18)
- Supervisors & ATO: 22 participants (September 13 – 18
The min aspects of the course to be in the spotlight:
- A lecture consisting of technical and competition rules, as well as best practices and procedures
- A coaches course which focused on various coaching management systems, training planning, fitness preparation, methodology, plus boxing videos which displayed the key differences between AOB and Professional Boxing.
- Studying practical sparring in the gym, and practical judging in the conference rooms.
- Practicing video judging.
- Individual Training, Competition planning and Psychological training.
- General fitness and specific preparations.
- A guest talk from AIBA Medical Commission member Dr. Cabrara (concerning the medical aspects of APB/WSB.
- Full explanations of the specifics of hand-wrapping, developing training plans, and attending to boxing injuries during bouts.
- A physical fitness exam as well as a written exam to finalize the course.